I watched some of this piano prodigy’s video at his website, I am really impressed by 6 years old Ethan Bortnick.
Fun facts about Ethan:
- His feet are too short to reach the pedals. Sometimes he had to stand in order to reach the pedals.
- He was paid $400 for a 15 minutes performance
- Recorded his own CD
- Able to play 200 songs by heart (no sheet music)
- Only 6 years old!
- Start playing piano at age 3 – self taught
- His parents don’t play the piano
- Possess perfect pitch ability – be able to identify musical notes without references.
- Composed his own song after a few months piano lessons
It’s been said that the problem with prodigies is that they would soon wear themselves out one day. With the acception of a few, many of them didn’t turn out to be great musicians in the end. Read up on this article of Why People Quit Learning PIano.
While many are busy digging up on piano prodigies, people are forgetting those who weren’t so fortunate. Read up on this article about The Unfortunate Musician.
For details, refer link:
For piano prodigy, music is easy as A-B-C